Click here to show form Reflections by Thea: Sleep on It

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sleep on It

Last night I dreamed I had to fill in as an anchor for a well-known TV newscast. The whole premise was ludicrous, since I was unschooled, unprepared, and completely unsettled. I made an utter fool of myself (and of course the station), as I floundered and flubbed my way through the longest 20 minutes of my life. The only saving grace was that I had failed to reach any of my friends to ask them to record the event for posterity.

The reason behind this disturbing dream, I'm certain, was that I went to bed with a heavy heart. Throughout the day, I had rallied God's forces on behalf of someone I love very dearly. I called half a dozen people and literally asked them to storm the gates of heaven. I went to sleep knowing helplessness and rose to discover joy, Joy, JOY!!! God had answered our prayers and then some.

Not all my requests are answered so speedily or completely. But I have learned that helplessness produces dependence, and dependence is the predecessor of trust.

"For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." 
(Romans 8:24, 25)


No comments: