Click here to show form Reflections by Thea: Autumn Rains and Abundant Showers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Autumn Rains and Abundant Showers

"Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for He has given you the autumn rains because He is faithful. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before. The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil." Joel 2:23-24

We have had more than enough rain in the past weeks and months. Some days the Almighty has showered us relentlessly, drenching fields, farms and families...


... and other days just a small trickle, like tiny tears that cleanse even as they offer release.



Either way, we're getting WET!

So I took note of the above-referenced verse when I stumbled onto it recently. I love how God puts these dismal days in a good light. When I read this passage, I picture flowing fountains and waterfalls, and water parks that send jets of man-made rain to sprinkle my hair and lap at my toes.


"... your Father in heaven ... causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:46

No comments: