Click here to show form Reflections by Thea: Outgiving God

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Outgiving God

Yesterday as I was out meandering with my friend Lisa, God prepared for us the most spectacular scenery. Daffodils and breathtaking tulips dotted the landscape like gumdrops atop a piece of Grandma's made-from-scratch devil's food cake. Clumps of tiny purple hyacinths danced on one lawn, daring the owner to even think about mowing. Forsythia, now in its changeover phase from canary yellow to newborn green, stood tall and proud as it waved to its creator.

In the midst of all this beauty, I marveled at God's imagination to have dreamed all this up, and His kindness in sharing it with His unholy children. I paused, recollecting that I had embarked on this jaunt, I thought, to assist my friend with a project. My "noble" purpose had miraculously morphed into a reward of unspeakable proportions as Lisa treated me to an early morning swim, scenic car ride, and delicious breakfast!


"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you." (Luke 6:38)

It really is true. You can't outgiveGod.

No comments: