Click here to show form Reflections by Thea: Circles

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Circles

While walking last evening, my neighbor's dog, Dusty, did her usual stop-and-sniff routine till she found just the right spot to "do her business." Only thing is, instead of assuming the "business squat", she repeatedly circled her way around a clump of leaves that had caught her eye. I found this random circling very annoying, as I had designs on my freshly changed bed and a good book, rather than watching the dog make meaningless arcs on the landscape. There was only so long I would allow this nonsense. I finally gave a tug on Dusty's leash and took her off to fulfill our mission. She complied, but not without letting me know we were not of one mind on the subject.

I began to wonder if God feels this way when He watches me flounder in indecision and purposeless activity. I admit to being caught in a cycle of overeating that doesn't serve me well. Other areas of my life are made up of non-productive patterns, like Dusty's circles, that take me nowhere. Will I follow my Shepherd's leading when I get stuck in my ways, or, like Saul, will I "kick against the goads?" (Acts 9:5)

For more like this, check out: Morsels for Meditation...: Senseless

1 comment:

Fleurs-de-Lisa said...

As you know, I already think of you as a very good writer, skilled at capturing mood and moment. I'm excited to read these daily musings on how you relate to Dusty in much the same way God might muse about your own intricacies and the depth and complexity and quirkiness of your relationship with him. Hope to see more posts soon :-)