Click here to show form Reflections by Thea: Deliverance, Part 3

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Deliverance, Part 3

A friend called early this morning asking for unceasing prayer. Her world had been badly upset by human error, and she was dreading the outcome.

Together we prayed with a group of like-minded ladies, who rise early every Tuesday to lift the world and its troubles up to heaven before starting the business of the day. This was the first time we had joined their conference call to the Almighty, and it settled my friend's heart.

Afterwards, we prayed, just the two of us. The Lord brought to mind many situations in which I could see no escape from dire events ... yet, He had made a way. I particularly recalled an ordeal that lasted the better part of a year. The stress became so great that I begged God to help me hang on and just show up everyday. Just when I was at the end of my own resources, He used the very person who was making my life miserable to release me from the trial!

If I've learned anything in my years as a believer, it's that my Lord and Savior can do "exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think, according to the power that works in us" (Ephesians 3:20). I'm trusting the God who has walked behind, before and beside me all these years to deliver my friend today.

The same God who calms hearts and steadies knocking knees can stabilize this toppling world we live in... if He chooses. If He sees fit to do otherwise, He can help His children stand firm in the midst of insanity and turmoil.

As a precious saint once declared, "I love order, but I've learned to function in chaos!"

“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." ~ Matthew 6:31-34



For more like this, check out: Reflections by Thea: Deliverance

Check out Mercy Me's Even If

No comments: