Click here to show form Reflections by Thea: Letting Go

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Letting Go

The other night my son gave me a barrage of things to pray about. Different friends had different needs, and they all sounded pretty urgent. As he rattled off the last one, he added apologetically, "If you can take it."

"Don't worry," I responded. "I don't 'take it.' I just take it to God."


Sometimes, like tonight, when my dear friend lies deathly ill in the hospital and her husband lies awake at home without her, God's yoke seems oppressively heavy and His burden, anything but light. Times like this, I have to force myself to cast my burdens on Him, as Peter suggested (1 Peter 5:7).

I know this works because I have done it so many times. Releasing is the hardest part.

I offer my blessings and prayers for all who are struggling to release their troubles into almighty arms.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 
        Matthew 11:28-30


LET GO AND LET GOD!

As children bring their broken toys 
with tears for us to mend, 
I brought my broken dreams to God, 
because He was my friend. 
But then, instead of leaving Him, 
in peace, to work alone; 
I hung around and tried to help, 
with ways that were my own. 
At last, I snatched them back and cried, 
"How can you be so slow?" 
"My child," He said, 
"What could I do? 
You never did let go."
~ Lauretta P. Burns ~

No comments: